During Gujarat - Bhuj earthquake in 2001, which killed around 20,000 people, injured another 167,000 and destroyed nearly 400,000 homes. FICCI-CARE alliance was formed for Gujarat Rehabilitation Project to provide immediately temporary shelter, water/sanitation/electricity, earthquake resistant housing, construction of permanent social infrastructure (schools, clinics, anganwadi, tube wells), help to small business establishments and craftsmen. Similar response was shown in supplementing relief materials like medicine, water, tents, tarpaulin etc. during Bihar Koshi Floods in 2008, J&K Earthquake in 2005 and Leh Cloud Burst disaster in 2010.
FICCI through its conferences, exhibitions and workshops have sensitized the industry, community over more than two decades. FICCI had also arranged International conference on Spatial Data Infrastructure and its Role in Disaster Management with Department of Science & Technology (DST). FICCI had also conducted several conferences for sensitising industries on Chemical (Industrial) Disaster Management at Jaipur, Chandigarh, Goa, Mumbai, Vadodara, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Bengaluru etc.
These conferences provide a platform for exchange of information and technical know-how to the Indian, chemical, petroleum, petroleum products, natural gas and exploration/production industry. Discussions focus on ways to reduce on-site / off-site accidents as well as to manage emergencies including medical emergencies. FICCI has also started its new initiatives on Earthquake Risk Management and Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Disaster Management. Bringing Out Publications on Disaster Management. FICCI also bring out an annual book on Chemical (Industrial) Disaster Management (CIDM), which is a compilation of speeches of presentations on CIDM.
The foremost areas which are focused under Disaster Management are:
- Organizing National & International Conferences, Exhibitions on
- Chemical (Industrial) Disaster Management (CIDM)
- Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Disaster Management
- Battery Recycling & E-Waste Management : An Impending Disaster
- Earthquake Risk Management for Industries (ERMI)
- Working jointly with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), Ministry of Home Affairs in publishing and circulating their comprehensive National Guidelines on Chemical Disaster Management (CDM), Medical Preparedness & Mass Casualty Management and also other Guidelines on Natural Disasters which could trigger chemical disaster or affect industries at large.
- Promoting & advocating Public Private Partnership (PPP) based models of Disaster Management especially during Off-site Emergency Management where PPP can play a very supportive role.
- Organising Training Programmes on CIDM for Chemical, Oil & Gas Industry at their Plant Premises for their Employees in Groups.
For more information on conferences, exhibitions and training programmes you may contact: Mr. Surender Kumar Verma, Deputy Director, FICCI at 011-23325158 (D) or 9818186253(M), email : email@example.com