Theme: Thriving in the era of Constant Change: Challenges in Textile & Apparel Industry
The Indian textile industry, with its traditional strengths, skills, entrepreneurial capabilities, export performance and employment potential is an obvious choice for focused attention. Today Indian textile industry is witnessing lot of changes and challenges across the entire value chain from fiber to retail.
- Fragmented structure with the dominance of the small scale sector
- High volatility in the fiber prices
- High power costs and rising interest rates and transaction costs
- Logistical disadvantages in terms of shipping costs and time pose serious threats to its
- Foreign investments are not coming in as the overall factors influencing the industry are not investment friendly
- Impact of Eurozone crisis as Europe is one of the major trading partner
In order to emerge victorious through these turbulent times, the changes and challenges from fiber to retail should be known. Indeed, in a global and rapidly changing world, the knowledge of all factors affecting the value chain is crucial. To convey this message to the industry, propagate the strategies of success in tomorrow’s world and address the issues pertaining to the Indian Textile and Apparel industry, FICCI is organizing TAG 2012.
The conference would address the impact of volatility in the raw material prices, challenges in sourcing, improvements needed in the supply chain, innovations in products, process and technology and improving India's share in the international trade and leveraging domestic business. It will bring together the key stakeholders of the industry to share their views and experiences on this important subject and provide insights to take this forward.